> University Academic Staffback
Dr LAM Chi Leung David
Clinical Assistant Professor
BSc (BioMedSc) (HK), MBBS (HK), MRCP (UK), FHKCP, FHKAM (Medicine), PhD (HK), FRCP(Edin & Glasgow), FCCP, FACP.
Dr David CL Lam is currently Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong. He is a respiratory physician with research commitment to translational research and clinical trials in respiratory diseases including lung cancer, COPD, bronchiolitis obliterans after bone marrow transplantation, lung function and smoking cessation. His research laboratory focused on translational research with biobanking of resected lung tumor and pleural fluid and blood specimens as well as research lung cancer and immortalized normal bronchial epithelial cell lines from patients recruited into different clinical and translational research projects on lung cancer, COPD and smoking cessation services. He had clinical duties taking care of both in- and out-patients in respiratory medicine wards and clinics at the university-affiliated Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong.
- Tam TC, Ho JC, Wong MK, Wong WM, Wang JK, Lam JC, Lui MM, Lam WK, Ip MS, Lam DC. Treatment Outcomes in Elderly with Advanced-stage Non-small Cell Lung Cancer. LUNG 2013 [Epub ahead of print]
- Lam DC. Editorial Debate: Counterpoint: Should EGFR mutations be routinely tested for in patients with lung cancer? CHEST 2013; 143 (3): 600-2
- Lam DC. Clinical testing for Molecular targets for personalized treatment in lung cancer. Respirology. 2013; 18(2): 233 - 7
- Yam I, Lam DC, Chan K, Chung-Man Ho J, Ip M, Lam WK, Chan TK, Chan V. EGFR array: uses in the detection of plasma EGFR mutations in non-small cell lung cancer patients. J Thorac Oncol. 2012 Jul;7(7):1131-40.
- Lam DCL, Fong DYT, Yu WC, Ko FW, Lau AC, Chan JW, et al. FEV3, FEV6 and their derivatives for detecting airflow obstruction in adult Chinese. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2012 May;16(5):681-6
- Lam DC, Minna JD. How do we safely get people to stop smoking? Can Prev Res 2011; 4 (11): 1724 - 27
- Lam DC, Lam B, Wong MK, Lu C, Au WY, Tse EW et al. Effects of azithromycin in bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome after hematopoietic SCT – a randomized double-blinded placebo-controlled study. Bone Marrow Transplantation 2011; 46 (12): 1551 - 56
- Lam DCL, Lui MMS, Lam JCM, Ong LHY, Lam KSL, Ip MSM. Prevalence and recognition of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in Chinese with type 2 diabetes mellitus Chest 2010; 138: 1101 – 1107
- Lam DCL, Xu A, Lam KSL, Lam B, Lam JCM, Lui MMS, Ip MSM. Serum A-FABP level is elevated in severe OSA and correlates with insulin resistance. European Respiratory Journal 2009; 33(2):346-51.
- Lam DCL, Girard L, Ramirez R, Chau WS, Suen WS, Sheridan S, Tin VPC, Chung LP, Wong MP, Shay JW, Gazdar AF, Lam WK, Minna JD.Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor Subunit Genes showed difference in expression pattern in smokers and non-smokers. Cancer Research 2007; 67(10): 4638 – 47
- The Hong Kong Thoracic Society Young Investigator Award 2002
- The International Association on Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) Young Investigator Award 2003
- Japanese Respiratory Society Young Investigator Award 2005
- American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) ITO-EN Ltd Scholar-in-training Award 2005
- Asian Pacific Society of Respirology (APSR) Young Investigator Award 2009
- University of Hong Kong Faculty Teaching Medal 2013
- Hong Kong SK Yee Medical Foundation 2010 and 2012
- Hong Kong Pneumoconiosis Compensation Fund Board 2013
- University of Hong Kong Teaching Development Grant 2013
- Hong Kong SAR Government Health and Medical Research Fund 2013
- Chairman of Education Committee, Asian Pacific Society of Respirology (APSR)
- Honorary Secretary/Treasurer, American College of Chest Physicians (Hong Kong and Macau Chapter)
- Executive Board member, Hong Kong Lung Foundation
- Medical Advisor, Hong Kong Asthma Society
Editorial Board Memberships
- Respirology Case Reports