> University Academic Staffback
Prof LEUNG Wai Keung
Li Shu Fan Medical Foundation Professorship in Gastroenterology
MBChB, MD, MRCP, FRCP(Edin), FRCP(Lond), FHKCP, FHKAM(Med)
- Screening and early detection of gastrointestinal cancers
- Therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopy and capsule endoscopy
- Inflammatory bowel diseases
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Helicobacter pylori
- Chan EW, Lau WC, Leung WK, Mok MT, He Y, Tong TS, Wong IC. Prevention of dabigatran-related gastrointestinal bleeding with gastroprotective agents: A population-based study. Gastroenterology 2015 May 7. pii: S0016-5085(15)00644-7.
- Liu KS, Hung IF, Seto WK, Tong T, Hsu AS, Lam FY, But DY, Wong SY, Leung WK. Ten day sequential versus 10 day modified bismuth quadruple therapy as firstline and secondline treatment for Helicobacter pylori in Chinese patients: an open label randomized crossover trial. Gut 2014;63:1410-5
- Leung WK, Lo OS, Liu KS, Tong T, But DY, Lam FY, Hsu, AS, Wong SY, Seto WK, Hung IF, Law WL. Detection of colorectal adenoma by narrow band imaging (HQ190) versus high definition white light colonoscopy: A randomized controlled trial. Am J Gastroenterol 2014;109:855-63
- Leung WK, Ho SSM, Suen BY, Lai LH, Yu S, Ng EKW, Ng SSM, Chiu PWY, Sung JJY, Chan FKL, Lau JYW. Capsule endoscopy or angiography in patients with acute overt obscure gastrointestinal bleeding: A prospective randomized study with long term follow up. Am J Gastroenterol 2012;107:1370-6
- Leung WK, Lau JYW, Suen BY, Wong GL, Chow DK, Lai LH, To KF, Yim CK, Lee ES, Tsoi KK, Ng SS, Sung JJ. Repeat screening colonoscopy 5-year after normal baseline screening colonoscopy in average risk Chinese: A prospective study. Am J Gastroenterol 2009;104:2028-34.
- Leung WK, Wu MS, Kakugawa Y, Kim JJ, Yeoh KG, Goh KL, Wu KC, Wu DC, Sollano J, Kachitorm U, Gotoda T, Lin JT, You WC, Ng EK, Sung JJ, and the Asia Pacific Working Group on Gastric Cancer. Screening for gastric cancer in Asia: Current evidence and practice. Lancet Oncol 2008;9:279-287
- Lau JYW, Leung WK, Wu JCY, Chan FKL. Wong VWS, Chiu PWY, Lee VWY, Lee KKC, Cheung FKY, Siu P, Ng EKW, Sung JJY. Omeprazole before endoscopy in patients with gastrointestinal bleeding. N Engl J Med 2007;356:1631-40.
- Poon TCW, Sung JJY, Chow SM, Ng EKW, Yu ACW, Chu ESH, Hui AMY, Leung WK. Diagnosis of gastric cancer by serum proteomic fingerprinting. Gastroenterology 2006;130:1858-64
- Leung WK, Lin SR, Ching JYL, To KF, Ng EKW, Chan FKL, Lau JYW, Sung JJY. Factors predicting progression of gastric intestinal metaplasia: Results of a randomized trial on H. pylori eradication. Gut 2004;53:1244-9.
- Leung WK, Bai AHC, Chan VYW, Yu J, To KF, Wu JR, Chan KK, Chan MWY, Fu YG, Chan FKL, Sung JJY. Effect of peroxisome proliferators-activated receptor g ligands on growth and gene expression profiles of gastric cancer cells. Gut 2004;53:331-8.
- Leung WK, To KF, Chan PK, Chan HL, Wu AK, Lee N, Yuen KY, Sung JJ. Enteric involvement of severe acute respiratory syndrome-associated coronavirus infection. Gastroenterology 2003;125:1011-7.
Grants as Principal Investigator:
- A prospective randomized trial to compare the safety and immunogenicity of intradermal and intramuscular influenza vaccines in patients with inflammatory bowel disease in Hong Kong. Health & Medical Research Fund 2013
- Molecular characterization of gastric microbiome in individuals at different stages of H. pylori associated gastric carcinogenesis cascade. RGC GRF 2013
- Detection of methylated septin 9 DNA in blood for diagnosis, prognosis and surveillance of patients with colorectal cancer. Health & Medical Research Fund 2014
- Assistant Dean (Platform Technologies), Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, University of Hong Kong
- Deputy Chairman, Institutional Review Board, Hong Kong West-University of Hong Kong
- Director, Integrated Endoscopy Center, Queen Mary Hospital
- Member, Scientific Committee on Enteric Infections and Foodborne Diseases of the Centre for Health Protection, Department of Health, Hong Kong SAR Government
- Chairman, Credential Subcommittee, Licentiate Committee, Hong Kong Medical Council
- Immediate Past President, Hong Kong IBD Society (2013 – 2015)
Editorial Board Memberships
- Best Practice & Research – Clinical Gastroenterology
- Journal of Digestive Diseases