> University Academic Staffback
Prof TSE Wai Choi, Eric
BSc(BiomedSc)(HK), MBBS(HK), PhD(Cantab), FRCP, FRCP(Edin), FRCP(Glasg), FRCPath, FHKCP, FHKAM(Medicine)
In addition to clinical research on the treatment of haematological malignancies, in particular T-cell and NK-cell lymphoid neoplasms, his basic and translational research have focused on the development of novel therapeutic approach in cancer treatment through identifying potential targets and understanding the fundamental biology of cancer. Dr. Tse has pioneered the development of intracellular antibodies in the therapy of cancer during his early stage of career. He is currently examining the role of peptidyl-prolyl-isomerase PIN1 and its interplay with CKS proteins in cell cycle regulation, apoptosis and DNA damage response in cancer and neurodevelopment. Furthermore, through the use of therapeutic agents to up-regulate aquaglyceroporin 9 expression, he is also investigating the possibility of extending the application of arsenic trioxide beyond the treatment of acute promyelocytic leukaemia.
- Tse E, Chan TS, Koh LP, Chng, WJ, Kim WS, Tang T, Lim ST, Lie AK and Kwong YL. Allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation for natural killer/T-cell lymphoma: a multicentre analysis from the Asia Lymphoma Study Group. Bone Marrow Transplant. [in press] (Impact Factor: 3.54)
- Yeoh AE, Tan D, Li CK, Hori H, Tse E and Pui CH. Management of adult and paediatric acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in Asia: resource-stratified guidelines from the Asian Oncology Summit 2013. Lancet Oncol. 14(12):e508-23, 2013. (Impact Factor: 25.11)
- Tse E and Kwong YL. How I Treat NK/T-cell Lymphoma. Blood. 121(25):4997-5005, 2013. (Impact Factor: 9.06)
- Cheng CW, Chow AK, Pang R, Fok EW, Kwong YL and Tse E. PIN1 inhibits apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma through modulation of anti-apoptotic function of survivin. Am J Pathol. 182(3):765-75, 2013. (Impact Factor: 4.52)
- Frontini M, Kukalev A, Leo E, Ng YM, Cervantes M, Cheng CW, Holic R, Dormann D, Tse E, Pommier Y, Yu V. The CDK subunit CKS2 counteracts CKS1 to control CyclinA/CDK2 activity in maintaining replicative fidelity and neurodevelopment. Dev Cell. 23(2):356-70, 2012. (Impact Factor: 12.86)
- Tse E, Gill H, Loong F, Kim SJ, Ng SB, Tang T, Ko YH, Chng WJ, Lim ST, Kim WS and Kwong YL. Type II enteropathy associated T-cell lymphoma: a multi-center analysis from the Asia Lymphoma Study Group. Am J Hematol. 87(7):663-8, 2012. (Impact Factor: 4.13)
- Cheng YY, Chau D, Chan T, Gill H, Liang R, Kwong YL and Tse E. Absence of NPM1 promoter hypermethylation in human myelodysplastic syndrome. J Clin Pathol. 63(11):1008-11, 2010. (Impact Factor: 2.43)
- Leung J, Pang A, Yuen WH, Kwong YL and Tse E. Relationship of expression of aquaglyceroporin 9 with arsenic uptake and sensitivity in leukaemia cells. Blood. 109(2):740-46, 2007. (Impact Factor: 9.06)
- Pang R, Lee TK, Poon RT, Fan ST, Wong KB, Kwong YL and Tse E. Pin1 interacts with a specific serine-proline motif of hepatitis B virus x-protein to enhance hepatocarcinogenesis. Gastroenterology. 32(3):1088-103, 2007. (Impact Factor: 12.82)
- Pang R, Lee TK, Man K, Poon RT, Fan ST, Kwong YL and Tse E. PIN1 expression contributes to hepatic carcinogenesis. J. Pathol. 210(1):19-25, 2006. (Impact Factor: 7.58)
- Pang R, Yuen J, Yuen MF, Lai CL, Lee TK, Man K, Poon RT, Fan ST, Wong CM, Ng IO, Kwong YL and Tse E. PIN1 over-expression and β-catenin gene mutations are distinct oncogenic events in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncogene 23(23): 4182-6, 2004. (Impact Factor: 7.35)
- Tse E, Smith AJ, Hunt S, Lavenir I, Forster A, Warren AJ, Grutz G, Foroni L, Carlton MB, Colledge WH, Boehm T and Rabbitts TH. Null mutations of the Lmo4 gene or a combined null mutation of the Lmo1/ Lmo3 genes causes perinatal lethality, and Lmo4 controls neural tube development in mice. Mol. Cell Biol. 24(5): 2063-73, 2004. (Impact Factor: 5.37)
- Tse E, Lobato MN, Forster A, Tanaka T, Chung GT and Rabbitts TH. Intracellular Antibody Capture Technology: Application to selection of intracellular antibodies recognizing the BCR-ABL oncogenic protein. J. Mol. Biol. 317(1): 85-94, 2002. (Impact Factor: 3.90)
- Tse E and Rabbitts TH. Intracellular antibody-caspase medicated cell killing: an approach for application in cancer therapy. Pro. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 97(22): 12266-71, 2000. (Impact Factor: 9.73)
- Visintin M, Tse E, Axelson H, Rabbitts TH and Cattaneo A. Selection of antibodies for intracellular function using a two-hybrid in vivo system. Pro. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 96(21): 11723-8, 1999. (Impact Factor: 9.73)
Research Funding Over the Past 5 Years as Principal Investigator
- GRF Award 2005-06. Research Grant Council, HK.
- GRF Award 2007-08. Research Grant Council, HK.
- Hong Kong Blood Cancer Foundation, 2010.
- GRF Award 2013-14. Research Grant Council, HK.
- Research grant for translational research, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, 2013.
- Founding Chairman, Hong Kong Society for Thrombosis and Haemostasis
- Scientific Officer, The Hong Kong Society of Haematology
- Council Member, Union for China Lymphoma Investigators, Chinese Society of Clinical Oncology, People's Republic of China